Sunday, August 14, 2011

Teaser for Chapter 17 of Bitemarks & Bloodstains

So what's the deal, you tired of fighting with me?” I prod, and the corner of Bella's lip quirks upward.

Not at all. Emmett keeps trying to give me love advice, and Esme won't let me punch him in the house. This seemed like a good solution.”

How do you know Emmett is gonna win?” I ask, even though I'm pretty sure he will, too.

I don't, but if Alice beats him, he'll call winner on our bout. I can take Alice.”

You are so deliciously devious.” I press a kiss to her hair and allow my focus to drift back to the match.

It's not long before Emmett's chest is puffed out with pride and confidence, and Bella makes slow and easy strides into the middle of the yard. Emmett's got this little smirk on his face and his posture is far too relaxed. He's not taking her seriously, so I guess it can't be said that Emmett's not going to learn anything today; he and everyone else are about to find out just how good Bella is.

I chuckle a little when I warn him, “You might not wanna go easy on her. She almost broke my arm the first time I took her out.”

I think I can handle it,” Emmett replies as he rolls his eyes at me—but what Emmett doesn't realize is that I'm the one who taught Bella how to fight, and the first thing I told her was to never, ever take her eyes off her opponent. She uses Emmett's momentary distraction to launch herself straight at him, and the look on his face when he realizes that his little sister is about to take him down is priceless.

1 comments:

  1. Great teaser darlin! I can't wait until the full chapter is up.

    ReplyDelete

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise