Friday, August 5, 2011

Teaser for Chapter 16 of Bitemarks & Bloodstains


She may be your girlfriend, but she's my sister,” Emmett throws back, and that's when it hits me.

Oh, fuck. She's my girlfriend, isn't she?” I don't know why I never thought of it before, we've never really sought out a definition like that. I'd never even considered the possibility of labels, and it makes me a little uneasy, because I have no idea if Bella has, or whether or not she's upset that I haven't shown the slightest indication of caring. “I've never had a girlfriend before.”

Wow, I wish I had a camera,” Emmett snickers, feeling immensely cheered up by my current dilemma.

Why?”

Because that look on your face should be shared with the world.” Emmett chuckles for a few moments before getting it together enough to say, “So let me get this straight. You're sleeping with her. You absolutely crazy about her. You're okay with telling us all to fuck off because you don't like sharing, and you're totally cool with the idea of being with her forever—but it's that she's your girlfriend that throws you for a loop?”

It sounds so much more deranged when you say it like that.”

You're fucking crazy. She's your girlfriend, Jasper. Deal with it.” Emmett looks like he's done talking about this, but then he surprises me by adding, “And by the way, will you just tell her that you love her already? Today's my day in the pool.”

There's so much to absorb from that one little statement, but for some reason the part I focus on is, “You've been betting on us?!”

No.” Emmett smirks. “Just you.”

2 comments:

  1. Frickin awesome teaser! Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser!!!! Poor clueless Jasper..lol..I love how Emmett hits you out of nowhere with his logic. duh Jasper, she's your GIRLFRIEND...deal..love it!

    ReplyDelete

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise